Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 5 - Surviving but Day 6 Lurks

Today was a long 67 miles (105km) with significant climbs (1700m, 5,100ft).  To say the least, we were knackered as we reached our hotel.  Physically my legs feel strong but my butt is losing its battle with the seat.  Right now, laying on my bed, without being too graphic, my rear where it hits the seat is throbbing (we finished 35 mins ago!).  There is a developing rash on both sides along with something like 3 blisters.  I can only guess that tomorrow's ride, already the toughest physically, will also be painful in more ways than one for me!🙈

Today's ride to us to Kayanza, which looks to my eye to be worse off than Girenga and similar to Muyinga.  The countryside vistas continue to impress.  Just stunning!

Here are today's photos:


Lest any of us forget how easy our ride is, reminders everywhere!

At every rest stop, kids gather to see the "Muzingas"

Stunning, storm just missed us

My "shower" awaits (letting the water get to room temp!)

A prayer for ALL of us tomorrow.  We are low on energy and 87 miles with big climbs looms large on everyone's minds right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment