Monday, May 29, 2017

Day 3 - ugh! 147km and 2,800m

Wow. Longest ride of my life at 147km!!!!





Surprisingly low heart rate given in Spain I normally train at 160bpm or higher - then again - I am near to 25kmh in Spain as well and riding for not more than 4 hours!!  Note the 7 1/2 hours of moving time ON THE SADDLE!!  Oh my sore arse!!!

Challenge today was a bit more than necessary as our support truck with water, etc.... did not get to us the last 90 minutes.  Luckily it was not too hot and Josh and I stuck it out. 

Just a lot of time climbing. Not always steep, but long, long, LONG climbs. 

Rwanda continues to impress with beauty. 2nd hardest ride of my life next to 2014 Tour du Burundi Day 6 I think!  We still have 4 more rides including Thursday's torture - same distance as today with another 700m climb. Oh man.

Kids on the side of the road at a rural town in Rwanda



Victor wiped out here, broken helmet and shifters, but body intact for the most part!  Unfortunately, I was ahead of the group at this point and had to double back - ADDING to the climb!!


Gorgeous country!



Josh and I together again (we rode in 2014, though I could not keep up with him then!)


No comments:

Post a Comment